In case you have ever wondered…
- In 2015, the top ten counties in the U.S., nine of which are in California, accounted for $29 billion or 7 percent of total U.S. agriculture sales.
- At the top of the list, Fresno County, with $5 billion in agriculture sales, had higher sales than 23 individual states.
- The top four counties in California for Gross Ag Revenue are Fresno, Tulare and Kern Counties and Monterey Counties.
- Monterey County had $4,256,072,000 in Gross Ag Revenue
- Monterey County exceeded 22 states in Gross Ag Revenue for all commodities sold.
- Monterey County’s total gross Ag Revenues exceeded the combined Gross Ag Revenues for the following nine states: Alaska, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Hawaii, Nevada, West Virginia and Maine.