- The town of Bradley was founded when the Southern Pacific Railroad arrived in 1886.
- It was named for Bradley V. Sargent, who owned the land where the railroad depot was located.
- From the 1920s to 1950s, the town was located on the Highway 101 and was very busy with gas stations, restaurants, stores, a hotel, and a motel.
- Highway 101 was re-routed in the 1950s and the town faded.
- In the 2010 census, there were 93 people living in Bradley.
Books and References
Andersen, Burton. The Salinas Valley: The History of America’s Salad Bowl. Monterey County Historical Society. 2000.